Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mail Art & a little catch-up

I received my "real" pass the book from Sian last week - Good Mail Day - and it's been an interesting read so far.  I had mostly thought of Mail Art or Postal Art as being a matter of decorating envelopes or packages (like the one I sent off to Laurie, above).  But it's about a lot more.  
It's about creating all sorts of fun things to pop into the mail and about establishing relationships through through the mail, in much the same ways as my blog has allowed me to create relationships through the internet.  I'm going to keep the book for a bit more before I send it on, but I'm enjoying it so far.
In other news, DD Clara and her basketball team did this:
They had a great season, going 12-1.  Unfortunately, their one loss was in the championship game.  Still, I'm very proud of the whole group!  DS Henry's soccer team is doing quite well.  They're in second place, one point behind the leaders (who they play on Wednesday) and one point ahead of the third place team.  It should be a tight race to the end of the season.  Other than that, we've been having a homey couple of weeks.  DH celebrated his birthday:
And my big accomplishment today was to clean up my craft area.  It had really gotten out of control! Once again, in doing so, I realized that I have A LOT of stuff!  I really need to get some scrapping done, if for no other reason, than to use up some of my paper.  What have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment