Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Of fairies and mermaids and pass the book

While blog reading the other day, I came across a questionnaire which included the question, "Do you believe in fairies?"  I paused and realized that I don't.  While I believe in ghosts and other spirits . . . fairies? Not so much.  Fairies have been on my mind, as I was thinking about getting artistic inspiration from my current pass-the-book, Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book.  I made the card above, in which I feel like I pressed my own fairy behind some acrylic. That card and the book will be going out to . . . (insert drum roll) . . .
Laurie of the Lone Black Bird and Black Bird Flies blog! Email me your mailing address Laurie, and I will put those in the post to you. You can email me at rinda1961@yahoo.com
Interestingly, while I don't believe in fairies, I do believe in mermaids, and I was inspired to make this pressed mermaid card:
Interesting because, when I thought about it, maybe mermaids are just water-borne fairies! In any event, if you would like to receive my pressed mermaid card, simply add a comment about whether you believe in fairies and/or mermaids.  I'll pick a winner this weekend.
In other news, the wonderful Sian, originator of Pass the Book ordered Amazon to send me a new copy of the mail art book, and it arrived yesterday! I'll check it out and offer it up in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment