Saturday, October 31, 2009

What do you plan for it? (a semi-regular series)




Such a good question! Someone posed this in response to my organic art pieces, and it got me thinking about what I plan to do with my artwork. I think many of us wonder about what to do with it. So, as a semi-regular series on my blog, I'm posting some answers.

Answer 1: Display it!
I love these two textured collage pieces I made in classes taught by Connie Andrews. Both feature my photography from our trip to Venice and various texture mediums. They've been sitting on my desk, but today I hammered some nails in the living room wall and hung them up. It was a little scary, but also empowering. I love leaning back in my chair, peeking through the doorway and seeing my creations. Anyone else put their artwork on display?

Also, thank you to everyone who has visited and commented. I love reading what you have to say. As a reminder, I'm having a weekend give-away. Simply comment on my post from Friday ("Is it finished?"), and I'll enter your name into a random drawing for a piece of original art created by me. What you plan for that piece of art is entirely up to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment