Sunday, December 20, 2009

(Art) Journal Your Christmas


In 2006, I completed Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas class as an art journal.  I did each prompt on a 5x7 card with art work on one side and journaling on the other.  I have my entire journal set up to run as a slideshow on Christmas Day, but I wanted to share a few of my favorite entries throughout December.  So as not to spoil the prompts for people who are taking the class for the first time, I'm waiting to share my entries until after the prompts post.  I hope you enjoy these!

Day 20:  Letter to Santa (click to enlarge) (upper left)







Day 18:  Gifts to Give (click to enlarge)


Journaling reads: "My mom always did a wonderful job of finding the right present for me.  More often than not, it was a surprise. Like the year she gave me my grandmother's silver. It was exactly what I wanted, even though I didn't know it existed.  It truly touched my heart.  Another year she gave me a pair of overalls that I wore all through law school.  I try to keep up the tradition by figuring out my own children's fondest desire - even if they don't know they want it, until they unwrap it on Christmas morning."

No comments:

Post a Comment