Saturday, July 30, 2011

London Highlights and Photography Scavenger Hunt Items

We recently returned from a ten day trip to England, and I thought I'd share a few of the highlights (and photography scavenger hunt items) that I found along the way. Let's start with London.  We bookended our trip with weekends in London.
We started with a trip to the Tower of London - the Crown Jewels were spectacular, though we weren't allowed to photograph them.
After a quick nap to help adjust to the time change, we went to the Tate Modern Museum (check that one off the scavenger hunt list!):
The Miro exhibit was fantastic (more on that later), and we had a very romantic dinner in the restaurant at the top, watching the sun set and lights come up over London and the Thames:
The next day we shopped. My favorite find was a great jacket from Karen Millen. We had a great dinner at a fabulous, romantic Indian restaurant called The Red Fort:
Then we went back to the hotel and watched the Women's World Cup Final (so sad for the U.S.).
We then spent the weekdays in the Cotswolds and Cambridge (more on those later), before returning to London. I did a little sight-seeing:
When I was wandering about, I even came across a political protest (check that one off the scavenger hunt list):
The highlight of the second weekend was the London theater scene.  We saw a wonderful Harold Pinter play called "Betrayal" and walked out into the midst of Picadilly Circus.  Such a fun evening! We also saw a play called Anne Boleyn at Shakespeare's Globe Theater:
Before we knew it, it was time to head home. 
Thanks for sitting through my vacation photos (part I)! Got any favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment