Friday, July 29, 2011

Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt: Graffiti Art

While walking around London's South End with Jacky, we stumbled upon this underpass which was covered in graffiti and used by skateboarders and bicycle riders.
The thing that caught my eye was the presence of a woman in a bridal gown! I then noticed that there was a portrait photographer there at work, setting up a shoot. I wonder if this is a real couple (the Insens, I assume) or whether it's an advertisement or something else entirely. What do you think? From a portraiture standpoint, do you like these types of portraits which juxtapose beauty and grunge? 
I was also wondering about this guy on the left:
Is he with the photographer? Or is he an interloper coming in to take the same picture as the professional? If it's the latter, is that acceptable? I partly wonder because I was, in essence, doing the same thing, although I was another twenty-five yards away or so and I'm sure the photographer didn't notice me.  I was reminded of this article, which references this article, about professional wedding photographers who sometimes feel as if others come in and "steal" the shots they are taking. I think both are very interesting.
The graffiti shots for the Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt have been really interesting (you can see Jo's here, Deb's here, Cindy's here. Mary's here and Irene's here). Am I missing any graffiti shots?

No comments:

Post a Comment