Saturday, December 31, 2011

Storytelling Sunday, The Words: One Last Christmas Tale

Sian is starting a new year of Storytelling Sunday, with a twist. She's focusing on telling stories with photos (or words, if you prefer). She's also suggested starting the year with a New Year's story, but I have one last Christmas story I want to share. Because when I told it to my 16-year old son, it brought such a smile to his face that I didn't want to forget it before I wrote it down. So, I created this art journal page.  It's simple, but Uncle Dave says that's okay.
The journaling reads: "Christmas, 1995. Henry was seven months old and waited and waited and waited for relatives to arrive so he could open presents. We piled his gifts around him on the couch. He opened the first one - Tigger slippers. He put them on. And promptly fell asleep!"
**************************************************************
To see more stories, click on this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment