Saturday, June 9, 2012

Customized sketchbook (monthly make)

On vacation this year, I knew I wanted to take along a sketchbook, drawing tools and watercolors. I went shopping and saw many different varieties of sketchbooks. I settled on this small wirebound Strathmore " Visual Journal" because it was on sale and I liked the smoothness and weight of the paper.  One journal I almost bought had journaling lines opposite each sheet of paper. I loved the idea and decided to use a journaling stamp customize my journals in this way:
I customized other pages in a different way, segmenting them into smaller spaces because I often like to sketch small:
I was inspired to make the smaller segments by this post at Nodljus using the Moleskin Storyboard art journal for some travel pages.  I'm counting this as my "monthly make" for the challenge at Felt Fairy.  I'd be interested to hear of others who use a sketchbook that is different than simply blank pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment