Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Let's talk Color Combinations

(oops.  Published a little early; meant to post tonight at 10 p.m.)
The current color challenge at the Gingersnap Creations Blog features "Vintage Hues."  I made this book mark and ATC in shades of browns, coppers and creams, with a hint of black.  I actually really like brown and use it quite a bit.  I think it pairs really well with just about any other color, too, although I've always been partial to brown and blue together for masculine layouts.  I thought about this recently when I saw this dynomite blanket which  Margie is knitting for her soon-to-arrive nephew.  Another color combination I really love features red, black and cream.  Do you have any favorite color cominations?
I've noticed several color challenges in blogland.  The Play Date Cafe features color combinations every week, and the Gingersnappers have a color challenge once a month.  Do you know of other regular color combination challenges out there in blogland?  Do you participate?

No comments:

Post a Comment