Sunday, November 21, 2010

Spray Pages

Lucky in Love (art journal page)
Long Term Plan (art journal page)
Here are two more art journal pages using black spray paint.  They are more detailed and layered and better follow Dina Wakley's spray paint technique than the quick page I posted yesterday (which kindof looks like a book cover to me).  The spray paint technique was part of her lesson on "the power of black and white," and you can see how I consciously used those colors in my designs here.
I posted these two together because I think they are interesting to view in tandem. Although they both have the same focal point, similar layouts, and both emphasize black & white, they have such different color palettes that they don't really feel like a "set" to me. What do you think?
The journaling on the top one is backward looking for me "She never knew if she would be lucky in love until she found the the confidence to be herself and wait."  The journaling on the bottom pages looks to my future: "Her long term plans definitely included moving to the City with him, late nights and the theater, drinking martinis in slinky dresses and otherwise enjoying their empty nest years." And, yes, that's definitely my long term plan!
Coming soon: Class Reviews of Dina Wakley's Art Journal 103: Color and Composition and Shimelle's True Stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment