Monday, May 28, 2012

Been Busy Scrapping!

I haven't been around in blog-land the last few days because I've been busy scrapping! I took advantage of the long weekend here in the U.S. to organize my pictures and supplies and then get to work on finishing my album from last summer's trip to England.  I created 28 pages in the last two days!  I drew a lot of inspiration from the Amy Tan class "Collect and Create," which I won from the Ali Edwards blog. I'll do a proper review of the class soon (and be 'round to visit your blogs), but in the meantime, I thought I'd share a few pages from my weekend and their inspirational starting points. You can click on any of the pages to see them larger and in more detail. For the page up top, I used a punch - my crown punch to be specific, in order to make these tag embellishments:
Next up, I used the paper from which I had punched shapes.  This time, it was my butterfly punch to create journaling embellishments:
The next inspiration was to layer memorabilia:
And then to use your stash. For this next layout, I used lots of my stash - tags I had created with my November "counterfeit kit" which I put together to work on these pages; vellum paper (I have A LOT of this and rarely use it, so I tried really hard to use it in this album project); old sticker letters; and a charm:
used a sketch (from the Club Scrap sketch deck) on this next layout because I knew what paper I wanted to use, but I couldn't figure out how to arrange it:
When I was stuck for embellishments on my next layout, I used a favorite - in this case, brads.  I love brads and metal:
Next up, was an oldie, but a goodie - use stickers. Yes, stickers. I know many people don't use them much anymore (and I don't either), but I did like how I used the sticker strips along the left on this layout:
The final inspirational idea was to scraplift from someone outside your box. For this last layout, I used the idea of cutting paper strips to create a background:
This last technique is definitely not my usual style, but I was definitely out of ideas by the time I started the layout, so I went with it. And I really liked the outcome!
I hope you found some inspiration today! Let me know if you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment