Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Advice for my children . . .

This is an art journal page that I created in Dina's class, in response to a Shimelle class prompt about advice to give your children.  It has five key pieces of advice that I truly hope they learn:
1.  Make good friends and hold on to them.  For life.
2.  Take care of your skin.  After thirty, everything shows on your face.
3.  Marry the person who loves you for who you are not the person they want you to be.
4. Learn your grandfather's definition of "organizational ability" - always be there for the family.  Always.
5.  Don't trade your integrity for a few pennies - give back extra change.


Of these, I think I might write a bit more about #4. It is really a core belief that my dad instilled in all six of his children, and I think there's a "true story" behind it.  Is there any advice you want to pass on to your children (or nieces, nephews, etc.)?


From a design perspective, this page is supposed to be unbalanced but still satisfying.  I'm not sure I am happy with its design, and I welcome any feedback on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment