Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fall Challenges: Masks, Colors and Gothic Grannies

Taking a short break from posting of art journal pages to post a few entries to challenges.  Stampotique's current challenge is to create something scary using Stampotique stamps only.  So, I made this scary cute tag with their "devilish" stamp.
Like the technique? It's Tim Holtz's extreme masking, which happens to be this week's Compendium of Curiosities challenge over at Linda's Studio L3 blog.  Here's another tag with the same technique:
Like the colors? They just happen to be pumpkin, eggplant and avocado, which are the colors for this month's color challenge over at the Gingerstamp Creations blog!
Speaking of Gingerstamp, and because I really can't get completely away from art journaling these days, here's one more entry for their "Gothic Elements" challenge, which closes on Halloween. I feel a little bad that I've always thought my Great Grandmother looks downright scary in the pictures I have of her.  But I can't help it.  I do!
Do you only have nice, sweet looking relatives? Or do you have gothic grannies in your family tree, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment