Sunday, October 31, 2010

Best Halloween Party Ever

Shimelle challenged us to use a mad-lib or fill-in-the-blank template for journaling.  I used one from Friday's class lesson to compose this description of a Halloween party from long ago:

"I wish I could go back to a time when I would really dress up for costume parties.  A time like the night Paul and I dressed up as Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein. It made me feel all hip and cool, like we could even win the costume competition. We didn't (but it didn't really matter). That same night, we danced and drank until the bar closed down, and they kicked us all out. Everyone said it was the best party ever! I know I thought the fun would never end. There was never another Halloween party like that again!"


Our Halloweens have been much quieter since then.  There were many years of taking the kids trick-or-treating (lots of fun, but in a different way).  The pendulum may be swinging back. This year I'm dressing up as a Gypsy (complete with Tarot cards to do readings) and Paul is dressing as a Vegetarian Vampire (complete with a theme drink - Bloody Mary's), and we're off to a friend's party in a bit.  Will have to report on the party later . . . 


How was your Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment