Saturday, October 23, 2010

Trending Now: Postcards

I find it interesting to follow new trends in the scrapbooking and papercrafting field.  One format that I've seen popping up recently is the post card: 4x6 and mailable.  The current challenge at the Creative Therapy art journaling site is to create a post card.  There's also a challenge blog called "Sunday postcards" which has all  kinds of interesting challenges.  I know I saw a postcard challenge somewhere but can't remember where.  In any event, I made some postcards using the Tim Holtz dabber resist technique to fulfill the current Compendium of Curiosities challenge over at Linda's Studio L3 blog.  I used three stamps from the Tim Holtz "Urban Chic" set for the background and two other Tim phrase stamps.  The cut outs are from a 12x12 pad of paper I bought (maybe from Kaiser Craft, but I don't remember for sure).
One of these postcards will be going into a pocket in an altered book layout I'm working on.  The theme of the altered book is "Road Trip," and I'm going to jot a message to my art friend about how art is definitely a journey, and I'm glad that it's a road trip we're taking together.

No comments:

Post a Comment