Monday, June 9, 2008

Looking Back 2007 Crossfit Games

Last year at the Crossfit Games I placed 6th over all. I was demolished in the Hopper... hung in there on the 5k and finished strong with the Total. Coming into the 2007 games I was not ready to compete on the level I was asking of my body. I was working 60 to 80 hours a week. I was squeezing workouts in when ever I could and my diet was zone friendly but very inconsistent with timing. In the first hopper I ripped off all of my calluses and did not finish the workout before the twenty minute time limit. On the off road hilly 5k I was wearing nike frees that virtually dont count as real shoes. I was slipping and sliding all over the trail. I was able to finish around 15th or 16th place. By Sunday Rhabdo started to set into my forearms biceps and shoulders 7 days later after the games my arms straightened out and my pull ups went down to 0. So when the total came around I could hardly hold on to the bar with my hands and the weight of the deadlift had to straighten my arms. To say the least I dont know how I completed the 2007 games but I did and saved face by not quiting. To say the least 2008 will be different!
4WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://games.crossfit.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment