Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Great Time to Quit

The 2010 Crossfit Games have come and gone and life is back to normal. Lindsay Smith got 12th place over all and Carey Kepler placed 16th Jen Cardella 26th and Jessica Sharratt came in 31st great showing from all the Central Athletes! Team Crossfit Central was 7th out of 66 teams from around the world Andy Lewis Alex Janss Web Smith Lisa Thiel Crystal Nelson Travis Holly.

I have attended all Crossfit Games as a participant up until this year. Year One 2007 I showed up and was not ready for what I was about to do. I got Rhabdo and could not straighten my arms for 7 days after the competition. My pull ups went to zero for 3 months. Year Two 2008 I was ready and trained up to meet the competition I remembered from the year before OPT, Speal, Josh Everett, AFT and others. I was able to step it up on the last workout and place 3rd over all. It was a great day for me but the following 6th months I faced a severe lack of desire to train and had a constant wet towel on me so it felt like. I figured I had adrenal fatigue syndrome but was never diagnosed. Year Three 2009 I had a great training partner with me Lance Cantu. In 2009 Crossfit HQ implemented regional qualifiers I was able to opt out do to finishing in the top 5. The 2009 Crossfit Games where the toughest event I had competed in in my entire life. We did 8 workouts in two days it was brutal. I made it into the final 16 and got injured on the last day. I was unable to do pull ups for 4 months after the Games.

Coming into the 2010 Crossfit Games I was very hesitant to pushing my self to unknown limits. The previous years had taken a toll on my mind and how far I could push my body. I believed that doing Crossfit to fast to hard could really take a toll on your body and system. I ended up finishing 21st in the competition almost to my delight I didnt think I could manage the wear and tear of another games.

In the last two months I have been able to come into great insight. I have learned a lot about my self and many beliefs about my abilities that were holding me back.

2011 is the best year for me to hang it up and throw in the towel and say my day has come and gone the Crossfit Games are no longer in my possibilities.

This is the day I live for the momentum has stopped the odds are stacked up against me. What will I do?

1. The Road Not Taken

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;        5
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,        10
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.        15
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.        20


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment