Friday, July 16, 2010

What the kids are up to . . .

Blossoming - that's what they're doing.
DS Clara is in the middle of a two week visit to Southern California, staying with her aunts and uncles.  By all accounts, she's having a great time, but I do miss her. A lot.  More than I ever thought I would.  I know it's all part of her blossoming, but it's kindof hard on old mom.  Sigh.
In other news, DS Henry's Juniors Little League team won their district tournament (baseball) last week, so this week they play in the sectional tournament.  Last year, they came in second place at sectionals (missing going to the state tournament by one run!).  I'll be at the ball park Saturday and Sunday cheering them on.  Did I mention that last weekend, he traveled up to Lake Tahoe with a friend's family to play in a wood bat tournament?  By himself, as in without us. I guess he's growing up, too. Double sigh.
Really feeling this quote from Elizabeth Stone today:
“Making the decision to have a child - It's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment