Friday, October 1, 2010

LSNE Completed Album & Class Review

I completed my LSNE minialbum for Shimelle's class! You can see it above.  Each page started with a 4.5x6.5" piece of colored chipboard, covered with basic grey paper. I added a stamped image (in black) and a lesson learned for each day. I punched a hole in the top of each page and held it together with a big red ring.  If you click on the label at left for "mini album," you'll be able to see all the pages I made, except for the last four, which are here:
The prompt for Day 27 was about saying yes to things as a way to learn, so I wrote "Agreeing to be the team manager for high school soccer is a lot of work, but I think it will be worth it." Day 28 was about things that make you unique, and my love of Michael DeMeng fits that category.  I took a class of his on the 28th (can't wait to share that project with you!), so I used a stamp designed my Michael and wrote "I thoroughly enjoy the demented world of Michael DeMeng, as well as his more normal side." I learned a ton in that class, and I'll be doing a class review later on.  Day 29 was about helping others, and I realized that I'm still in charge of cat care, even it's my daughter's cat.  Finished out the month with a favorite stamp and quote about learning: "Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere."


As for a class review, I think that, even more than most of Shimelle's classes, you get out of this one what you put in to it.  The content offered was good, but not exceptional. Shimelle offered inspirational posts everyday with prompts for learning and creating, plus lots of examples. I think it could be freshened up a bit; the fact that this was one of the first classes that Shimelle developed kindof showed.   I believe there were digital downloads, but I don't know for sure because, as we say, "that's not the way I roll." There was a forum, but it got quieter as the month went on.  It is worth noting that Shimelle went through a family loss this month, and she's to be applauded for keeping the class on track, even with the sadness and travel that entailed. Other instructors would not have done the same, I think. Overall, I'm glad I did this class and completed the project.  I'll be happy to have it, and I'm really glad I took the opportunity to use some of my enormous rubber stamp collection.  It also helped me stay focused on using September as a month to clean up and organize my office & home art stuff, as well as getting to my academic writing projects and walking. Not sure I'll do the class again in the future, but you never know.  My overall grade: A-.  Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment