Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Downtown for the Holidays

Today I dragged the kids out of bed at 9:30 am so that we could go downtown for the holidays.  I love seeing all the hustle & bustle at this time of year, and last year I decided to start a family tradition of going up to the City (San Francisco) to meet Paul for lunch, to do some shopping, and to look at the windows.  I captured a variety of City moments, like a wonderful Salvation Army bellringer with a beautiful voice singing Christmas carols, a flock of pigeons, a Solstice-inspired picture of the statue in Union Square:
I also captured a few more traditional images of Christmas trees and a Gingerbread castle:
I even snapped a couple of the kids and they captured me:
For my JYC today, I'll use one of these two hipstamatic pictures of our favorite holiday windows - the ones at Macy's.  We love them becauce they always have a Christmas Story (this year, "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause") and animals up for adoption from the SPCA:

Do you get a chance to visit a real city during the holidays? 

No comments:

Post a Comment