Thursday, December 23, 2010

Heritage Christmas Photograph

I have always loved this heritage photograph of my father's side of the family, taken in about 1959 or 1960.  You can tell it's Christmas by the tree behind my Uncle Tom.  My father is standing on the far right, and my mom is seated in front of him, holding my sister Cordelia on her lap.  My Tia Lupe is in front of Uncle Tom, and my Grandparents are to her right.  The man is uniform is my Uncle Johnny, and my Uncle Jesse is on the far left.  This last year I have been lucky to reconnect with my cousin Irene through facebook and our blogs.  She's a talented stained glass artist in Houston, Texas and also happens to be that very cute little girl in the front row, far left.  In this photo, I also love the television and my father's graduation picture hanging on the wall.
At this time of year, I really miss my mom and dad who have been gone for over five years now. My grandparents and aunts and uncles are all gone, too.  A big goal I have for 2011 is to work on my heritage and geneology scrapbook, as a way of keeping their memory alive. 

This post is scheduled for Christmas Eve, and I plan to go out to the cemetery to visit mom and dad today. I want to take a few minutes to remember and honor them. I hope you will be able to do the same for your loved ones who are no long with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment