Tuesday, December 28, 2010

JYC Holiday Edition (1/2 posts for today)

I hope you're not too bored of my JYC.  I've been taking pictures along the way and want to get them organized and journaled here on my blog so I can move them to my journal soon. I promise some real art next week.  In the meantime, Christmas morning arrived:
Santa brought the kids nice electronics - an ipod touch for the girl and an xbox 360 for the boy. We also got them clothes and a stocking full of the practical (hair accessories for the girl; car accessories for the boy; a toothbrush; etc.) and the fun (a DVD for each, Uno for the boy and a stuffed horse for the girl). Santa brought two board games for the adults. Blokus, which was a great find, and Funglish, which we haven't played yet.  The rest of the family arrived around 11:00, and we spent the day playing Dance, Dance Revolution on the Wii and cooking a huge meal.
Boxing day will have two pages.  The first:
A new tradition for us is to go as a group to play lazer tag.  It feels a little odd to celebrate the holiday by running around and shooting at each other, but we all have a great time doing it! Henry seems to dominate the proceedings, but it doesn't matter that much, as we all feel like winners after having so much fun together as a group.
And then we were off to see Paul's family again:
Paul's dad's birthday is December 27, and we'll often get together with his family to celebrate it.  He turned 81 this year, and he's doing great.  Helen makes him a homemade chocolate cake, as he has quite a sweet tooth and loves chocolate in particular.  I love this shot of Helen lighting the candles.
On our last day in Southern California, we're going on one more very special outing.  Look for a post about it tomorrow as well as some final pictures and thoughts on JYC to finish up the project! Are you done with your December album/JYC yet?
ETA: Okay, I've gotten so bored with my posts about this project that I'm going to go ahead and do a rare double-post, so that I get all my JYC posts up on my blog where I can grab the journaling and transfer to my album.

No comments:

Post a Comment