Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy Solstice (Tim Style)

Today is December 20th, the Winter Solstice.  If we had clear skies, I could even look outside and see a lunar eclipse.  How cool is that! To celebrate, I decided to create a Happy Solstice tag using the technique being covered this week in the Studio L3 Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities Challenge:  scribble stain distress.  I sometimes have trouble with this technique, but I love how it turned out for what I wanted to do tonight.  I used faded jean and mustard seed inks, along with vintage photo ink on this tag. Will you be joining the CCC this week?Were you able to see the eclipse where you are?
If you love Tim Holtz, you should definitely check out the give-away at the Yours Artfully blog.  Click on this link to check it out.
Here's to longer days and happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment