Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blogging with Culture and Weekend Events

I received this wonderful little necklace from Maria of the blog Bubblegum and Duct Tape.  It has a little book with Frida Kahlo on the cover.  Isn't it great? (ETA: it just so happens that she's running a tutorial today on these necklaces - how cool is that?)
One of the reasons I love her blog is because it has such a strong Latina feel to it.  A few other blogs with a similar vibe are "Mexico in My Kitchen" and Gloria's Blog Viva la Vida, as well as my cousin's blog, When the Sun Comes Out.  I find myself drawn to these blogs because they reconnect me with a part of my core identity, which you sometimes see come out in my art.
Two other blogs with strong cultural feelings are Athena's Creative Journey, an art journal blog from Italy, and Shutter Happy Moments, a photography blog from the Phillipines. Visiting these blogs feels like a mini-trip abroad.
So, I'm curious . . .  do you find yourself drawn to any blogs with a strong sense of culture? I'd love to know which ones they are, so I can check them out.  And, do you think my blog has a particular cultural flavor to it?
Do check back in this weekend.  Tomorrow will be a colorful link-up, which I previewed here.  Saturday will be the end-of-the-month check in on your 2011 resolutions, intentions and one little word projects. And on Sunday, I hope to participate in Sian's Storytelling Sunday.  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment