Monday, April 18, 2011

Enchanted Forest (AJ page) and Blog Hop Winner

ETA:  I took down the previously displayed art journal page because I received the following email from the artist:
"Hi Maria,
I came across your blog and the collage containing an image of one of my paintings.
While I am flattered you like my work and promote my website through your blog, I am displeased the image was used to make another piece of artwork and broadcast without my permission.
My images are protected by copyright laws and are my intellectual property.
I am requesting the image be removed from the internet until express written permission is granted from my attorney.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Sincerely,
Brian McGuffey"
Who knew any artists read my blog?  And, as I said in my email reply to him, I certainly did not mean to cause him displeasure or to do anything wrong. I treated his postcard the same way I treat other found objects in my mixed media work. I do not make any money off his image, and I gave it proper attribution.  I thought that was sufficient, especially since the image is visible on his website and promotional material.  Oh well, live and learn . . .
********************************************************************************Thanks to everyone for stopping by my blog as part of Mel's smashing Alpha-Numeric Blog Hop! I especially appreciate all the insights people shared about the artists in their family.  I used the random number generator to select the winner for the assortment of Clara cards, and its: Mariana! Congratulations! Since I already have your mailing address, I'll get them out to you soon.
On Sunday, I taught an art journal class on "finishing those pages."  It was about taking the wonderful backgrounds or half-finished pages of students and moving them to completion.  I made the page above, titled Enchanted Forest, with journaling that reads "She wandered in the Enchanted Forest and encountered the magical beings within her soul." The focal image is from a postcard by an artist named Brian McGuffey that I picked up at an art festival last year.  I love his work, which you can check out on his website here. Have you discovered any new artists lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment