Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Grungy Monday 3: Adirondack Color Wash

This week's Grungy Monday Challenge at the Studio L3 blog features Tim Holtz's Adirondack Color Wash.  I love these sprays and use them often with stencils.  Since I needed to make some birthday cards, I pulled out a Club Scrap flower stencil an got started. For the card on the right, I used the stencil with butterscotch, cranberry and plum color wash.   For the card on the left, I took the ink-covered stencil and pressed it onto the paper to capture the "negative image."  For both cards, I then used a Dina Wakley technique, using a paint brush dipped in water to pull out the over-spray to create a subtle water colored background.
I love how these sprays can quickly create beautiful, unique images.  While I was at it, I made a simple, but (I think) striking friendship page.  The stencil is from Ed Roth.
 Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment