Thursday, April 7, 2011

Occupational Baptism

One of the projects I'm trying to complete this year is the art journal from an unfinished class offered by Shimelle called "When I Grow Up."  My journal is called "My Wildest Dreams," and it's about the things I dreamed about becoming, where I ended up, and where I still hope to go. It's in a hand made journal, which has a flap in the middle of each spread and which allows me to add things. I have posted previous entries here and here (okay, I know there's another entry somewhere, but I can't find it now; I will update the link when I find it - LOL!).  This entry is about one of my father's many quirks.  When each child was born, he declared what they would be when they grew up, and he pushed us hard in that direction.  He wasn't always right, but his drive and encouragement really did help us all to eventually graduate from college and become productive adults.  The image on the flap is a color copy of a collage I made in his honor.  The little icons and embellishments represent the various occupations into which we were all baptized.  Did your parents push you into a particular path?  And did you follow it?

No comments:

Post a Comment