Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Grungy Monday: Fluid Medium Resist

Linda, over at Studio L3, is running a weekly Tim Holtz challenge called "Grungy Monday. "  This week's technique involved stamping with fluid medium and then inking over the image with distress inks.  The fluid medium acts as as a resist to give you some cool effects.  Tim also cut out foam stamps, but I justed used a couple that I had laying around, including a medallion and an Easter Egg. The medallion card is a bit of a tribute to a fabulous card maker, Karen. She makes clean, classic cards. You can check out her blog here.  For the Easter card above, I use a duplicate ATC from my stash. I channeled another one of my favorite card makers, Jacky, on this card. You can tell by the layers.  Her blog is at this link.   
When I was looking through my Easter stuff, I also found a large paper pieced chick that has been in my stash for years.  I decided that today was the day to use it.  So, I made this very "cute" card:
 It certainly doesn't scream Tim Holtz, does it?  LOL!  Oh well, I actually kindof like it.  Which card is your favorite?  Do you have any favorite card maker blogs to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment