Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dreams Don't Turn to Dust - Canvas Board Collage

Yesterday I posted a composed photograph that I took quite a while ago. If you look closely at the photograph, you will see that it includes three marriage milagros - including two same sex couples. It's a political photograph about the power and value of love and my belief that everyone is entitled to it. I've been wanting to incorporate the photograph into a collage and last weekend I took my first crack at it.  I was inspired by this album artwork challenge at Abi's blog, Creating Paper Dreams.  Although in the end, I only completed a part of the challenge, using a song lyric from her chosen album.  I say I took my first crack at it because I'm not completely happy with the collage. I hope to redo it on canvas (this is on canvas board) and make the following changes:
*straighten the focal image (snort!)
*move the focal image (along with the supporting elements) up about half an inch 
*make the line of people holding hands fainter
*make the background color more vibrant and luminous (using higher quality paints).
Any other feedback or thoughts before I start on the next version?

No comments:

Post a Comment