Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A few layouts. . . belated ten on the tenth

I missed Shimelle's Ten on the Tenth blog hop because I was busy preparing for and going to a crop.  If I hadn't missed it, this layout would have been perfect for it! It's called "Ten Things I Love About You," and I made the layout (without pictures) in a Rusty Pickle class at a scrapbook expo about eight years ago! It's been sitting in my stash ever since, and I decided these various pictures of Gypsy fit it perfectly.  There are ten little tags scattered throughout the layout, and I wrote various reasons why I love my dog. I encourage you to click on the picture (or any of the other layouts) to see them more clearly.
Here's a couple of other layouts I did.  The first one was inspired by Amy's challenge to scrapbook a current event. It includes pictures from the day we experienced a tsunami warning and evacuation after the Japanese tsunami in March:
A layout about my son's sixteenth birthday (which we shared with his Godparents, Molly and Jack, whom I wrote about on 9/11):
And, because Clara doesn't get featured as much as Henry, here's a layout about her basketball team last year:
Over the weekend, I made 14 pages, two cards, a collage and learned how to draw a face.  The cards and face will show up soon, when I review the class we took with Mary Jo McGraw.  It felt great to get some pages done and utterly fantastic to usefully use something eight years old. How about you? Done any scrapping lately? Want to brag about something you used up?

No comments:

Post a Comment