Monday, September 12, 2011

Which do you prefer?

Photograph #1
Photograph #2
This week's assignments in the on-line photography class I'm taking included a nature photograph. We were encouraged to consider featuring something besides mother nature in the photograph. I took this heart ornament (look familiar Deb?) outside to see what I could create with it. These are my two favorite shots.  I can only submit one for this week's critique, and I'm wondering which one your prefer.  Please let me know.
Often when I ask a question like this, people will respond, "it depends on what you're going to use it for" or "it depends on what feeling you're going for," and that's helpful too.  I do have some thoughts for how I will use these photographs. I will either use them on a card or as part of a collage. Something I want to do with my art as I go forward is to stage or compose photographs and then embed them within a collage.  Although I'm happy with the collages I've done with my regular photography, I think I can take my art to the next level if I start composing photographs, in addition to simply capturing life as it occurs around me.
The only other photograph I think I have ever composed is this one:
If you come back tomorrow, I'll show you a collage I made with it over the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment