Monday, June 28, 2010

Alcohol Ink Monoprint Cards

This week's challenge at Studio L3's Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities Challenge is the alcohol ink monoprint technique.  To mix things up a bit, I tried block glossy paper, instead of white.  The metallic mixatives showed up well, but I had trouble getting much color from the other inks to show up.  Once I had the backgrounds made, I chose to use Tim's South Africa stamps to make two cards, in honor of the World Cup and because they seemed to go well with the darker shades.  I also stamped some of his birds on another background I had but decided to hold on to it for now.  I'm sure it will go nice on a Halloween tag later this year.
Once I had my supplies out, I made a bunch more backgrounds! 
Here's a card I made with white glossy paper:
The stamps are from Club Scrap.  I hope you like this background, as you'll be seeing more of it this week (LOL!).  I'm loving these challenges and wanted to say a big thank-you to Linda for linking folks to my book review of Compendium of Curiosities.  The Review featured a few other creations with alcohol ink monoprinting.  You can read the review and see those creations here.

No comments:

Post a Comment