Monday, June 14, 2010

It's Raining Tim! Hallelujah! (drizzle)

There's a new Tim Holtz based challenge going on in blogland! It's being hosted by Studio L3 and features challenges from Tim's A Compendium of Curiosities.  The first challenge features the water stamping technique found on page 35 of the book.  I've been thinking about umbrellas and Tim's umbrella man stamp since the Creativity Boot Camp prompt, drizzle, went up last night.  I decided to see how the water stamping technique would work on plaster, and I'm thrilled with the results.  In fact, I think it works even better than my attempt to use this technique on paper, which you can see here.  I put two layers of gesso down on the plaster before the distress inks, and I think that helped a lot.  I can definitely see using this technique to create very cool backgrounds for larger plaster pieces.  Anyone going to join me in this Tim challenge?  In other blogland announcements, Shimelle posted a bit about her summer class.  I signed up already.  Have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment