Sunday, June 27, 2010

Grateful for Summer and Linky Goodness

Thank you all for the nice comments on the summer-inspired letters I wrote to my kids the last two days.  They were fun to write and a nice way to capture summertime memories for which I had no pictures.  The art which accompanied the posts (here and here) are pages from my Gratitude Art Journal called "Pieces of Me."  The pages are made from plaster, and I am teaching a class on how to make this journal in August.  You can check out two other previously posted pages from my journal - grateful for my town and grateful for each new day.  Today's artwork features the cover and first page of the journal  (thanks to Jacky for the wonderful rusty stars on the first page).
The letters to my children were inspired by a couple of things I have seen recently on the web:  Ali Edwards current series on capturing summer (especially this piece on "Why We Write"),  and Tammy Lee's post about simple summer fun, inspired by Bigger Picture Blogs.
I've seen a few other cool links about summertime including Reasons to Stamp in July over at Gingersnap Creations, which I found through Linda Ledbetter at Studio L3.
Do you have any good summertime links to share?


Coming this week on my blog:
A review of Creativity Boot Camp (and I'll be participating in Madeline's Sunday Creative, the weekly creativity challenge flowing from camp);
a submission for the Shades of Blue challenge at Gingersnap Creations;
and pages from my art journaling class.


Next week, Shimelle's Love Your Pictures, Love Your Pages class starts, and I'm enrolled in that.  In the longer run I'll probably participate in Club Scrap's Yah-Hey-and-So (because I'd like to get caught-up in my scrapping again) and I want to get started on pages for The Street Where I Live.  I'm loving and will continue to participate in the Time Holtz Compendium of Creativity Challenge at Studio L3 and Creative Therapy (biweekly art journal page challenges).  Plus, I'd like to get back to the challenges at Something Completely Different.  Three challenge blogs I have on my radar but haven't participated in yet are Drunken Stampers,  The Burtonesque Dolls and the Copy and Paste Project.  My local mixed-media art group is starting an altered book round robin, so I need to come up with a theme and book to pass around - I'm leaning to the theme of "The Intertidal Zone" or "Seashore" or something like that.
What do you have on tap for your blog this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment