Monday, June 21, 2010

Cards with Ephemera and Fragments

Studio L3 is continuing their weekly Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities challenge, this week featuring Tim's completely addicting fragments as the challenge.  I'm working up some samples for a card class I'm teaching in July called "Creating Cards using Ephemera," and I thought that fragments would be a wonderful way to add the perfect touch to cards with collage images and patterned paper.  I'm quite pleased with these two samples, if I do say so myself.  Though I do wish the scan were a little straighter!
In other news, the summer is getting very busy.  I'm starting week 3 of the seven week class I'm teaching at the law school this summer (two nights a week, 6:30-9:15 pm).  My Art Journaling 1A:  Art Diary class is going really well (two Sunday morning classes down, one to go).  DS Henry is currently on four baseball teams! His "travel ball" team won a tournament this evening.  To qualify for the championship game, his team won a 14 inning game last night (7 is the typical length), and Henry pitched seven shut-out innings (innings 5-12) to keep his team in the game.  His "regular" little league team plays for the season championship tomorrow night and then that one will be over.  His little league All Star team will then begin training for their tournaments, which take place in July.  When he's free, he also plays for a high school level American Legion team.  DD Clara happily goes to Junior Lifeguard beach camp everyday from 10-3.  So, if I miss a day of blogging now and again, you'll know why!

No comments:

Post a Comment