Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Art Journal Manifestos

One of the exercises I had my students do in my art journaling class was to create a "manifesto" for the first page of their journals.  I remember doing something similar in two of the best online classes I have ever taken - Journal Your Christmas with Shimelle and Got Paint? with Emily Falconbridge, so I decided it would be fun.  These were the two "samples" I showed.  The first one says, "I am an artist.  I have a right to creative time.  I can express my thoughts, feelings and daily activities through images, words and color.  I am an artist."  The second one starts with the Picasso quote:  "Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working." and continues, "The is my place and my time to work artistically.  Inspiration . . . come and get me!"  I hope to share some of my students' work next week.
Have you ever done a "manifesto" page at the beginning of a project?  Did you like it or find it corny?

No comments:

Post a Comment