Thursday, March 10, 2011

2011 Resolutions - February Travel Page

One of my resolutions for this year is to travel outside the U.S.  We had been planning to go to Puebla, Mexico, where I would teach in a summer abroad program. Unfortunately, the University decided that Mexico is too dangerous right now to take students. Sigh.  So, rather than give up on the resolution entirely, I've been working on plans to attend a conference in England.  It's to be held at Cambridge University, July 20-22. It's not a done deal yet, but it's definitely in the works. So I thought it was fair to add it to my resolutions art journal. One exciting thing about the trip is that I'm planning it to just be me and Paul - no kids! We'll send them to stay with the relatives in Southern California. In addition to the time in Cambridge, we'll spend time in London. I'd love to have suggestions for other places to visit in the general London/Cambridge area of England, and I'm curious whether I'll be anywhere near where any of you live. I'd also love to know if you have travel plans for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment