Sunday, March 27, 2011

Last Call for Tsunami Relief (and more ipad photo processing)

Tonight I will pull the winners for my Tsunami Relief blog candy drawing and also write out my check for Tsunami Relief, so please stop by this post and leave a comment (if you haven't already).  I'd love to write a bigger check!
I downloaded two of the photo effects apps for the ipad that I mentioned in this post.  I got Camera Bag, which adds hipstamatic-like effects to pictures. It provides a filter option, a border option and a crop option.  I loved the app!  The picture above uses the "cinema" filter, a square crop, and a thin white borer.  The original picture looked liked this:
 Do you prefer one to the other?
I also purchased the color splash app, which turns the photo to grey scale and then allows you to add the original color back in by dragging your finger around on the photo.  It was a bit more difficult to than I would have liked to be honest, but still fun to play around with. 
You can also combine the two apps together.  I started with this photo:
I then applied color blaster to make everything grey scale except Gypsy and the ball.  Then I went to photo bag, cropped it square, added the helga filter and a thin border.  
I'm really happy with how it turned out!  What do you think?  These are very easy adjustments to make.  I'd like to be able to add textures as well, so I'm thinking about taking the adjusted pictures and working with them in PSE to see how that works.  But, I lost all my textures when my hard drive died, and I need to reload them.  Plus, it's been a while since I worked in PSE, and so I need to refresh my recollection a bit before I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment