Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Disoriented (art journal page)

Today I feel like my muse finally returned, and all it took was a call last night from Dell telling me that they would be sending me a replacement hard drive. It's not here yet; I'm still working on my son's computer.  But something relaxed inside me when I realized that I would soon have a dedicated and reliable computer back.  So I made a bunch of art journal pages. And figured out a way to post them.  This one is called "Disoriented," and the journaling reads: "I can't believe how disoriented I have been without a reliable computer.  I has affected everything - everything!"  I started with a watercolored stenciled background, embossed some fish in black and then added rub-ons (yes, rub-ons).  I owe the rub-on idea to all those folks in blogland who are taking a class called "She Art" and are posting really awesome canvases with rub-ons in the background.   I admit to having gone through a rub-on phase, so I pulled out the packs that I had.  Added a cut-out stamped image, some artists tape and gesso'd top texture.  It was a lot of fun to make, and I really like how it turned out. Thanks for sticking with me through my disorientation.  And let me know if you went through a rub-on phase and the last time you pulled them out and used them!

No comments:

Post a Comment