Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Converting a 1 page sketch to a 2 page layout

Thanks to everyone for your nice comments on the scrapbook layouts I've been posting lately. Many of you have commented that you like how I fit so many pictures on a layout, and I really appreciate it. One of the reasons I scrap is because I like to have all my photographs in scrapbook albums, so I scrap A LOT of pictures.  My style is also very linear and fairly spare, so I can put a lot of pictures on each page.  I also almost always make two page layouts, and I usually have 7-9 pictures on the two page spread. 
Today, I thought I'd share how I took Shimelle's Scrapbook Starting Point Sketch from this week and converted it to a two page layout.  Her sketch is here, and it formed the basis for the page up top. I don't have any border punches, so I used a Heidi Grace chipboard border (Frost Blvd. line) instead.  After following her cutting directions, I took the left over piece of blue patterned paper and put it on a matching piece of green cardstock for the right hand side of the layout:
I added more photos from my father-in-law's birthday party and used more of the chipboard for embellishments on both pages.  Here's the finished two page layout:
The color scheme was inspired by a prompt in Shimelle's Pretty Paper Party class on using a neutral (I chose cream) with two brighter colors. So, there you have it - 9 pictures on 2 pages, plus room for embellishments and journaling. Do you usually make one or two page layouts? How many photos do you usually use?

No comments:

Post a Comment