Friday, October 21, 2011

Scrapping with Kits and Collections

One of the recent prompts in Shimelle's current "Pretty Paper Party" is about putting together a kit or collection of patterned paper and then using it to create layouts.  This approach makes some people, like my blog friend Jacky, very nervous. For me, this is second nature. I've been playing along with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog for quite a while, and they do this exercise every month.  In fact, all the layouts I've been working on the last few days come from this kit, which I put together in response to a CKC prompt, to scrap my vacation pictures:
You can read more about the process at this link.  I did add a few papers and embellishments that I found later and which were travel-related and themed for Washington state (yeah, I know the picture is upside down, but I can't help it!):
Check out yesterday's layouts (and today's and the next few days to see the collection in action).  
I'm also quite comfortable creating blank layouts and filling them in later, like this:
Or this:
Or this:
So, are you more like Jacky? Or more like me? If you're intrigued by the idea, I would definitely recommend checking out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog and seeing other examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment