Sunday, November 15, 2009

Scrapbook Sunday

I've been a little surprised by how many people are voting to see scrapbook pages on my blog, so I've decided to dedicate Sunday posts to scrapbook pages.  Hopefully this will motivate me to scrap.  I'm really hoping this will evolve into a weekly feature on heritage scrapbook pages, so that I will get to that project sooner rather than later.  In the meantime, here's a couple of pages for your enjoyment.  And don't forget to leave a comment on this post after you vote in the poll to have an opportunity to claim the prize in this week's week-end give away. The deadline is 9:00 p.m. California time.

So Strong (click on layout to enlarge it)

Product used:  Club Scrap Solstice kit
Why I chose this layout:  it features some of my most recent photos, and I wanted to capture my thoughts before I forgot them.
Favorite bits:  the journaling and the pictures.  Journaling reads "I hadn't seen Clara swim in a while, and I was taken aback by her performance in this meet.  Five races, five personal bests.  Already chasing A-times at the 12 year old standards.  But what really struck me was her demeanor . . . so strong.  Gone was the goofy, nervous novice, replaced by a strong, powerful competitor.  10/31/09"
What I would change: the journaling on the left should be about half an inch higher.

Huntington Beach (click on layout to enlarge it)


Product used:  Club Scrap Maritime Collection from 2009 Cruise
Why I chose this layout:  because it features a picture of my big brother, Pete. His birthday was Friday.
Favorite bits:  the seahorses; the tag (which I made in the very first class I ever took at a LSS); the journaling on the left which I added after a Shimelle prompt on improving your journaling. Original journaling read, "The big cousins play in the waves while M. watches from the shore."  I added:  "Is this what we looked like?  Could that be Dad holding Tricia's hand while Cordie, Petey, Tommy and I play in the waves? I have such strong memories of going to Huntington Beach as a child, but I never thought about it from my parents' point-of-view before."

No comments:

Post a Comment