Saturday, November 28, 2009

Tending your inner light with holiday art

There are so many potential art projects for the holidays.  In particular, there are many Christmas Journals designed for you to be able to chronicle your holidays through scrapbooking, journaling and art.  I have looked at a few of these and thought about doing Ali Edwards' December Daily or Jessica Sprague's Holiday in Hand, but I've decided not to.  I think that either of these would just make me feel pressured to have an "authentic" holiday season, when I'm just really not in the mood. I mean, either you're authentic or you're not, right? You just can't force the feeling!  LOL!

When I am in the mood, I love the idea of Christmas Journals, and I adored participating in Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas a few years back.  It remains one of my favorite art journals, and I'll be posting it here for you, as a slide show on Christmas Day.

What I do feel like doing is Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas.  I love these, and I am thrilled he's doing them again this year.  Check here on Dec. 1, and you'll see my tags from last year.  I may even put the 2009 tags in a mini-album with a few Christmas memories from this year - the authentic memories, that is!

How are you tending your inner light this holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment