Friday, September 24, 2010

Bedroom Secrets (altered book spread)

For the altered book round robin in which I'm participating, I'm working in "The Book of Secrets." I decided to use the Tim Holtz Agate on Grunge technique featured in this week's Studio L3  Compendium of Curiosities Challenge to create my pages about bedroom secrets behind locked doors.  I started by painting the pages black.  For the first page, I used gold, eggplant and rust alcohol inks on the grunge.  For the second page, I used brighter colors to show the wilder side of this couple:
Now that I see this in real life, I think I'll go back and paint the dolls a bit and add a little bling to the black background.  I left a few choice words un-gesso'd that are within the spirit of the page!  I was really surprised by how different the grunge board could appear when different colors were applied.  I hope Cindy likes her page!

No comments:

Post a Comment