Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Regrets: Photos not taken

Today's prompt at Shimelle's Learn Something New Everyday is about regrets.  One of my biggest regrets is photos that I didn't take and then disappeared before I got around to it.  Some I particularly remember:
*a "scarecrow" that really looked like an Easter cross (cross, draped with a shroud) and in a field of farmworkers. This spoke volumes to me about the scholarly work I do.  It was in a field on my way to work for a good week, but I missed the shot.
*a row of sunflowers at a local pumpkin patch last fall
*a field of purple and white flowers that were about four feet tall. They were so spectacular that I saw wedding photographers taking brides out there! Again, I had over a week to go shoot them, and I didn't.
So, the lesson that will go in my LSNE album is to put my camera in the car and take the time get the photo.  
One that I will take very soon is of this stone labyrinth I see on one of my daily walks.  I want to get out there and take pictures of it from lots of different angles.  Today, I settled for a nice hipstamatic shot of it.
Do you remember any photographs you regret not taking?

No comments:

Post a Comment