Monday, September 13, 2010

Destination (art journal page)

I taught an art journaling class on Sunday.  It was so much fun but pretty exhausting as well.  During class, I try mainly to focus on my students. But I have found that it can be helpful to them if I am also creating and working on a piece of art. I finished this page in class, and I really like it.  Very different for me; not really sure where it came from, other than the need to demonstrate a variety of techniques.  Journaling reads, "Are you destined to  become a cowboy or an indian? Follow your muse to find your destination."  Background is mainly spry inks over some stencils. Stenciled the horseshoe with purple paint, and I punched the butterflies out of some paper I painted purple.  I love punches, and they're the supply challenge this month at Gingersnap Creative.  Go check it out if you get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment