Monday, September 6, 2010

Let's Talk Self Portraits

There seems to be a lot of talk in blog land lately about self portraits.  Here's an interesting sample:
Digital Photograph School has a fantastic sampling of mirror self portraits at this link. Absolutely love the idea of taking a mirror outside to do a self-portrait.
The Beauty of Different blog selects postings from a flicker group that include a self portrait as well as a proclamation of what the photographer's beautiful different is.  You can read more about it here.  Love the idea, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to go there just yet.
Mel posted a self portrait here, and Tammy Lee put hers in this post.
All of this inspired me to try some self-portraits:
Took all of them using the reflection in my ipad.  Cool, huh?  I definitely learned some lessons from this session, which will show up later in my "Learn Something New" album.  I especially learned from this photo:
In the meantime, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on self-portraits.  Love them? Hate them? Done many? Any good tips to share? 

No comments:

Post a Comment