Thursday, May 19, 2011

Art Journaling a Wish for Summer

I had a really nice time getting inky and painty and playing in my art journal this morning.  I started with the this week's challenge at the Stampotique Design blog to use something you would normally recycle.  I grabbed some plastic strawberry basketss and used them as a stencil/mask to lay down a latticed layer of ink onto my page.  Then I used them like a stamp to add some gesso texture.  Used my Heidi Swapp ghost butterflies as masks with more spray ink, added my Stampotique image plus some flowers, edged the corners with soft yellow paint, journaled with a gold pen and then flicked some white paint on top for the final layer.  The journaling inspiration came from the current Creative Therapy prompt to describe the way you are right now.  And where am I?  Wishing it were summer, but still facing a lot of work-work (writing an article and grading exams) before I can get into full summer mode.
How would you describe where you are right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment