Monday, May 23, 2011

Aunt Anna Mary and Uncle Tony (CKC minichallenge #3)

The Counterfeit Kit Club has issued a Mini-Challenge to go with this month's kit.  The challenge (see post here) is to start with an embellishment and plan a card or layout around it.  I started with this pair of chipboard embellishments from my counterfeit kit:
They inspired me to take out my circle cutter and create a round embellishment for the Houston Memory card (see explanation here) at the top of my post.  The design was so elegant that I decided to write about my Aunt Anna Mary and Uncle Tony (Anthony).   My mom adored her oldest brother - my Uncle Tony - and I have a layout planned for him to be completed soon.  Here's a picture of how I remember them:
Inside the card I wrote, "Aunt Anna Mary and Uncle Tony were the oldest of my aunts and uncles.  They were always very sophisticated - he was dapper and she was elegant.  I remember she made beautiful porcelain dolls that she would turn into lamps. She gave us one with a purple dress and black hair."
I had a lot of fun starting with an embellishment and using that as an inspiration.  Do you ever do that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment