Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day Photo Shoot

Every year for Mother's Day, all I ask for from my kids is that they let me take a good portrait of them.  This year, we went down to the harbor area near my art studio.  We found a wicker love seat near one of the industrial buildings, and I took this photo of my kids, my husband and my dog.  Next up - some portraits in front of a weathered wooden shed I've been craving to use as a backdrop:
I also took a few in front of a rusted out pick up truck from a surf shop and a big container truck from the same place:
Although interesting, these didn't seem as successful to me.  Part of the problem was that it was difficult to get the lighting right there.  On the whole, the kids were good sports, and I am really happy with this year's photo shoot.  I'm glad we went someplace different and looked for interesting backdrops.  Have you ever done anything similar?  Do you have any favorites in today's post?

No comments:

Post a Comment